Sunday, May 27, 2012

Perth Craft and Quilt Show

Had a lovely day on Friday when and friend and I went to the Perth Craft and Quilt Fair which is held annually at the Perth Convention Centre. Very pleased to see that there were a few new retailers this year for the paper crafter. Came home with the purse a little lighter and a few more supplies than had planned but it was a fabulous day.
This was a workshop with Scrapmatts using their round printers tray. Their chipboard embellishments are amazing and just had to add some to my stash.
Another person that I very much enjoyed meeting in person and sitting in on her talks was Jane Davenport The Artomologist. She draws and paints the most amazing whimsical creatures. Her workshops are most definitely on my to do list, some time in the not so distant future. In the meantime myself and a few friends will be getting together next weekend which is a long weekend here in Perth to do some Jane inspired drawings in our journals.

Thanks for dropping by, hope your day has been good.

Bye for now

Karen

2 comments:

  1. You tray looks great Karen... I did the tag one, simple but just nice to sit and play.... My wallet is also bit lighter and loved talking to Jane, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsa Karen, this is really nice! Love the colours and design - that bird and words are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete