Thursday, October 23, 2014

Words that Inspire

Hi, well can you believe how many sleeps are left until Christmas.  This year has just flown by, so so scary.

Recently I joined on online group that use inspiring quotes as Art Journal Prompts and it is so much fun.  Today I would like to share with you the first of my journal pages inspired by a quote by Maya Angelou ~ Be a Rainbow in someone else's Cloud!





The background is a paper napkin with skeleton leaves which I attached to my journal with gel medium.  I then gessoed over the napkin to tone down the leaves onto which I sprayed Dylusions Ink Sprays and spritzed them heavily with water so that the coloured pooled and ran.

The colours used are Bubblegum Pink, Lemon Zest, Fresh Lime, Squeezed Orange, Vibrant Turquoise,  London Blue and White Linen.  

As I know that Dylusions Inks will always move when wet I sealed the area that was to be  stamped with Schmincke Universal  Fixative and allowed it to dray thoroughly  before applying the paint.

The image is a Darkroom Door Line Art Stamp called  "Leafy Lady" which I stamped onto the page, hand drew shoulders and coloured the face and shoulders  with Ceramcoat acrylic paints, Molotow markers and Prisma colour pencils.  

A reminder that there is still still time to join us for this months "Anything Goes" challenge at Bizzy Becs and that the Coupon Sale has been extended to the 31st October so hop on over and check out the recently added goodies at the store.

Thanks for dropping by, have a fabulous crafty week.

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment