Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Looks like Pottery?

Howdy,

Today I would like to share with you a card I made which replicates the look of Pottery.  I saw a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers and looked pretty cool so thought I would give it a go. Must say am pretty chuffed with the result and so was Mum as it was her Mothers Day card.




 I have used Spellbinders M-Bossabilities folder Ornamental.  Bizzy Bec's have a range of these folders available for pre-order here.  They are fabulous as you effectively get two folders in one - very cool.

Also used are my Memory Box dies Tiffany Frame, Cherise Label & Prim Poppy.  Memory Box dies are available also from Bec here.  

I had some plain silk ribbon in my stash and dyed it using the same ink that was brayered onto the embossing folder  for the background, although it came out much darker I think it still tones well.  I also added a touch of stampin up shimmer paint onto the poppies so that it stood out a bit more from the background.

Thanks for dropping by.

Happy crafting

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment